Everywhere I go lately people are rushing - rushing while driving down the street, rushing in stores, rushing at work, etc. It's like some of them are thinking to themselves; My life is totally messed up and I need to rush all my everyday mundane stuff so to have time to un-mess it later.
The ones that get me laughing the most are the ones that speed around me driving and then at the stop light I end up right behind them, but I guess in their thinking they won something, HaHaHaHa...what a wacky society we have become
Time to kick back, do a little laundry, read a book and let some modern conveniences do the cooking...
Creamy Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 can cream of celery soup
1. Steam broccoli and cauliflower over boiling water for ten minutes, or
until just tender. Drain thoroughly, if required, and place in a baking
2. Combine mayonnaise, cheese and soup and spoon over vegetables.
3. Bake uncovered at 350 F for 45 minutes or until nicely browned on
CHICKEN A LA KING
* 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless chicken tenders
* 1 to 1 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
* 1 bunch green onions (scallions) sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
* 1 jar Kraft pimiento or pimiento & olive process cheese spread (5oz) (optional)
* 1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
* salt and pepper to taste
Put all ingredients in the slow cooker/Crock Pot (3 1/2-quart or larger)and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Serve over rice, toast, or biscuits.
Serves 6 to 8.
Have a great day and remember, keep your planter lubed...