Thursday, October 7, 2010

Slow, dumpy week recipe

Been a slow dumpy week, as my head cold gos back and forth, one day I'm pretty good and then 2 days I'm miserable, etc. etc.. I hate being sick!

but I did find this amonst my some 4 million recipes i have -----

PUMPKIN BREAD in a Crock Pot

* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
* 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
* 2 Tb vegetable oil
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup pumpkin (canned)
* 4 Tb raisins or dried currants, finely chopped

In small bowl combine flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice;
set aside.

In med. mixing bowl combine brown sugar and oil; beat till well
combined.

Beat in eggs. Add pumpkin; mix well. Add flour mixture.
Beat just until combined. Stir in raisins.

Pour pumpkin mixture into 2
well-greased and floured 1/2-pint straight-sided canning jars. Cover
jars tightly with greased foil.

Place a piece of crumpled foil in 3-1/2 or
4 qt. crockery cooker with liner in place. Place jars atop crumpled foil.
Cover; cook on high setting for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a wooden
toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.

Remove jars from
cooker; cool 10 minutes in jars. Remove bread from jars. Cool
thoroughly on wire rack. Makes 2 loaves.

Anyone who tries this let us know how it turns out, thanks...

Have a good one my friends...

No comments: